How do I register a free domain?
We value you as a customer and want you to be a part of the HostPapa family for years to come! As part of our web hosting packages, HostPapa is pleased to offer our clients a free domain registration when they sign up for a minimum one-year term.
The free domain registration offer is valid with all shared hosting plans - minimum of 1 year’s service required (or minimum of two years’ service for Australian “.au” domain names). This offer is valid for current HostPapa customers who have an account in good standing.
You can acquire a "new" available domain by clicking the "buy now" button on our order form and using our domain lookup tool to see if your desired domain is available. Once you choose this domain, it will become your "primary" domain with HostPapa and is thereby eligible for the free domain registration promotion.
Transferring Your Existing Domain
If you have an existing domain that you would like to use with your HostPapa shared web hosting service, then this domain can be part of our free domain registration promotion. Simply go to the "buy now" button on our order form and under the button “I will use my Existing Domain (for Transferring Clients), input the existing domain that you wish to transfer.
NOTE: This domain name will be eligible for the free domain registration promotion if you transfer the domain to HostPapa’s domain registrar service and if you purchase an annual shared hosting plan. You will be required to follow the steps of transferring your domain to HostPapa’s registrar as this is the only way HostPapa will be able to renew that domain on your behalf.
If you keep the domain at your current registrar and simply use HostPapa web hosting services, you will not be eligible for the free domain registration promotion.
Please refer to the following article for additional information about how to transfer your existing domain: http://www.hostpapasupport.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1372
- The free domain registration covers only the first year of registration with HostPapa (two years with Australian “.au” domain names). After the first year has passed, it will be the customer’s responsibility to pay the required renewal fee.
- Domain names are separate purchases from HostPapa web hosting services.
- Domain names have annual renewal charges.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure their domain names are renewed. Please make note of the expiry date of your domain(s) and ensure that they do not expire.
- Your primary domain is very important as this is the domain name HostPapa will renew on your behalf and CANNOT be changed in the future. This includes either a “new” domain that you registered with HostPapa as your primary domain or the one you transferred to HostPapa’s domain registration service and is the primary domain name associated with your account. If you wish to change your primary domain name, you must purchase a new HostPapa web hosting account.
- When transferring a domain, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that HostPapa becomes the registrar of record. HostPapa will have no way of being able to renew your domain if it is still registered with a different domain registrar. Please keep in mind that just because your web hosting account is active with HostPapa, it does not necessarily mean that the domain has actually been transferred to our service, as purchasing web hosting and domain registration are two separate processes.
- If your domain is expiring within 14-30 days, you may be unable to transfer it. This is because domains are in effect “locked” from being transferred from one registrar to another near their expiration date. Unfortunately, this is outside of HostPapa’s control. You can, however, renew your domain name and add another year to ensure that it does not expire, and you will then be able to safely transfer it to HostPapa.
- You are only eligible for one free domain registration. This domain must be either a new domain or a transferring domain.
- Select premium domains are not eligible for free registration.
- Additional domains may be purchased through HostPapa for a nominal fee. You may purchase addon domains from HostPapa at any time through your dashboard. Here’s how:
- Log in to your HostPapa dashboard: https://www.hostpapa.com/dashboard
- Click on My Domains.
- Click on Register New Domain.
- Fill out the secure form and click Continue.
For more detailed information, please read the HostPapa terms of service