If you want to create an email message using an email client you are already familiar with (such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) and then send that message to one of your lists in HostPapa Connect, you can!
The EasyCast feature makes this simple. Here's how:
- Go to Contacts > Lists > Select All.
- Click on the Edit icon for the list you want to send to.
- In the EasyCast address field, type in a prefix for the email address that you would like to associate with your list. The address should look something like email@example.com. Make note of this address; you'll need it shortly.
- In the List owner email field, type the email address of the person in charge of approving messages to be sent to the list. This person will also receive notifications whenever someone subscribes to the list in question. Again, make note of the address you type in this field; you'll need it for the following steps.
- Now you're ready to create the message. Open the email reader application or webmail site that you would like to use to compose your email (such as Hotmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, Yahoo, etc.), and create your message as you usually would.
- In the To: address field for this message, you will be typing (or pasting) the address from the EasyCast address field for your particular list from Step 4.
- Send your message.
- Check the inbox of the email address that you supplied for the List owner email field in Step 4. You should see a confirmation message containing two links: one to view the new message, and one to delete it. Since you already know that the message came from you, click on the first link (the viewing link).
- You will now be able to preview your message. If everything looks good, you can send the message from here as you would normally. If you would like to edit the message, you can log back in to HostPapa Connect and you'll find the new message waiting for you in the Campaigns > View > Draft view.