- To access your restore panel, sign in to your HostPapa control panel (cPanel) and click on the StoreGrid Restore icon:
- In your restore panel, click the link RecoveryPoints under Available Backup(s).
- In the Select version to restore dropdown, select the timestamp of the desired restore point. Please note, the most recent version will be found at the top of the list.
Each timestamp refers to a backup of your account, created at the time and date specified. Because your backup is scheduled daily, you will see one ‘time stamp’ for each backup. You will have access to up to 30 days worth of backups (restore points).
- Select the version you want to restore, and click the Load button. The screen below will appear; from here you can choose exactly what you wish to restore:
Account Settings: This will be greyed-out as no changes are made to your account settings during any scheduled backup.
Home Directory: All files under all domains using this account are listed here.
MySQL Databases: All databases linked to your websites appear here; select the databases you wish to restore. If you have a Wordpress blog or a CMS-based website, you will need to restore the databases in a separate step. Simply follow the procedure outlined in this article again, but select MySQL Databases instead of Home Directory.
Email Forwarders Configuration: Any email forwarders you select will be restored to the settings in the timestamp you selected (i.e., if you have changed your settings, they will revert back to where they were at the time of the backup).
Email Filters Configuration: Any email filters you have set up that you select will be restored to the settings in the timestamp you selected (i.e., if you have changed your settings, they will revert to where they were at the time of the backup).
Note: If you wish to restore your web pages as well as emails and all other settings, choose Home Directory. This is the option that will be used most often. If you choose this option, every single file and setting will be restored to the way it was at the selected timestamp.
You also have the option to be more selective in your restore. Simply click on the ‘+’ icon next to your folder for a list of all items:
- After you have selected the items that you wish to restore, please click Proceed.
Please note, if nothing is selected when you click Proceed, the following error message is displayed:
- Click the Restore button.
Please note, the length of time to complete the restore will vary with the size of the files being restored.
- If you’d like to check the progress of your restore, you can click the Restore Progress Icon . A popup providing a snapshot of the current progress of the restore will appear: