How do I register a free domain?
We value you as a customer and want you to be a part of the HostPapa family for years to come! As part of our web hosting packages, HostPapa is pleased to offer our clients a free domain registration when they sign up for a minimum one-year term.
The free domain registration offer is valid with all annual plans, for as long as you remain a customer of HostPapa's web hosting services. We will renew the domain name (.com, .ca, .co.uk, .net, .org, etc.) when required by the central domain registry when the domain comes up for renewal. This offer is valid for current HostPapa customers who have an account in good standing.
You can acquire a "new" available domain by clicking the "buy now" button on our order form and using our domain lookup tool to see if your desired domain is available. Once you choose this domain, it will become your "primary" domain with HostPapa and is thereby eligible for the free domain registration promotion.
Transferring Your Existing Domain
If you have an existing domain that you would like to use with your HostPapa web hosting service, then this domain can be part of our free domain registration promotion. Simply go to the "buy now" button on our order form and under the button “I will use my Existing Domain (for Transferring Clients), input the existing domain that you wish to transfer.
NOTE: This domain name will be eligible for the free domain registration promotion if you transfer the domain to HostPapa’s domain registrar service and if you purchase an annual plan. You will be required to follow the steps of transferring your domain to HostPapa’s registrar as this is the only way HostPapa will be able to renew that domain on your behalf.
If you keep the domain at your current registrar and simply use HostPapa web hosting services, you will not be eligible for the free domain registration promotion.
Please refer to the following article for additional information about how to transfer your existing domain:
You can host one primary domain and an unlimited number of addon domains. These are unique domains and can be set up either as “addon” domains (with their own websites) or “parked” domains (using the same website as your primary domain).
For more on addon domains, please read:
For more on parked domains and how to set one up, please read:
Please keep in mind that you need to own your domain names. You can acquire domains through HostPapa or at any other domain registrar and host them under your HostPapa hosting account. To do this, you simply need to set up “addon” domains. HostPapa offers additional domain names for a small charge.
- Domain names are separate purchases from HostPapa web hosting services.
- Domain names have annual renewal charges.
- It is still the responsibility of customers to ensure their domain names are renewed. Please make note of the expiry date of your domain(s) and ensure that they do not expire. You can always send HostPapa a reminder that your domain name is approaching its expiration date.
- Your primary domain is very important as this is the domain name HostPapa will renew on your behalf and CANNOT be changed in the future. This includes either a “new” domain that you registered with HostPapa as your primary domain or the one you transferred to HostPapa’s domain registration service and is the primary domain name associated with your account. If you wish to change your primary domain name, you must open a new HostPapa web hosting account.
- It is the customer’s responsibility when transferring the domain to ensure HostPapa becomes the registrar of record. HostPapa will have no way of being able to renew your domain if it still is registered with a different domain registrar. Please keep in mind that just because your web hosting account is active with HostPapa, it does not necessarily mean that the domain has actually been transferred to our service, as purchasing web hosting and domain registration are two separate processes.
- If your domain is expiring within 14-30 days, you may be unable to transfer it. This is because domains are in effect “locked: from being transferred from one registrar to another near the date of expiration. Unfortunately, this is not within HostPapa’s control. We suggest that you renew your domain name and add another year to ensure that the domain name does not expire, and then you will be able to safely transfer the domain name to HostPapa. It will well worth one year’s worth of domain registration fees to ensure that you do not lose your domain!
- You are only eligible for only one free domain registration. This domain must be either a new domain or a transferring domain.
- Additional domains may be purchased through HostPapa for a small charge. To make a purchase any time, please visit your customer care centre: