Export your MySQL data
- Log into your previous host’s phpMyAdmin.
- Select your WordPress data, then select Export.
- Select all tables and export them.
You will now have an SQL query that you can run on your new database.
For more information on exporting databases, check out this helpful tutorial:
Import your MySQL data to your HostPapa account
- Log into your HostPapa cPanel.
- From the Databases section, click on MySQL databases.
- Create a database.
- Create a username.
- Add the username to the database.
- Log into your new database's phpMyAdmin and import the new database.
For more information, check out these helpful tutorials:
Creating a MySQL database in cPanel:
Importing databases and tables with phpMyAdmin:
Now for the files:
Download and Upload
- Use an FTP client to download your entire WordPress directory from your old hosting company’s server to a location on your local desktop. Note: This folder should have 20 (or more) files in it and at least 4 subdirectories: images, wp-admin, wp-content, and wp-includes. You will need all of these files and folders.
- Again using FTP, upload these files to your new HostPapa account. Make sure you upload to the public_html folder.
Here’s some video tutorial help on using FTP:
Open the wp-config.php file that was uploaded to your HostPapa public_html folder and change the information that points to and grants access to your database: 'DB_NAME', 'DB_USER', 'DB_PASSWORD', and 'DB_HOST'.
More helpful WordPress tutorials: