If you are still seeing the "Welcome to HostPapa server! This is default index.html page" rather than your own website home page, you must delete the default HostPapa index.html page. With HTML websites, when you upload your website files, this default page is automatically overwritten. However, some scripts, including Soholaunch and WordPress, will not overwrite this default page.
Instructions for removing the default index.html page:
- Log in to cPanel.
- From the Files section, click on the File Manager icon.
- When the small pop-up appears, select the second option, "Web Root." This will take you to your /public_html folder.
- Click Go. The File Manager page will open.
- To remove the default HostPapa index page from an addon domain, click on the addon domain’s folder on the left hand side. The contents will appear in the section on the right.
- From the section on the right, find and click on a file called index.html (the entire row will turn blue).
- Click on the Rename File icon from the top tool bar. A small pop-up window will appear.
- Change the name of the file from index.html to index-hostpapa.html and save the new name.
You should now be able to see your site. You can also just simply delete index.html, but please be careful. If you delete the wrong file you cannot get it back. If you still are having issues, please submit a support ticket at http://hostpapasupport.com/go/submit-ticket.shtml.
For more information on how to use File Manager, check out our video tutorials: