You will be entering account settings directly on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. In the example below, we are adding the email account firstname.lastname@example.org to James’ iPhone.
- If this is the first account you’re setting up on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, tap the Mail icon. Otherwise, from the Home screen, choose Settings.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Fill in your account Name, Email address, Password and Description then tap Next.
- Tap POP. (For more info on IMAP settings, see below)
- Complete the INCOMING MAIL SERVER and OUTGOING MAIL SERVER fields. For Hostname, use mail.yourdomain.com. When finished, tap Save.
- The newly-added email address will now appear in your account list.
If you used the IMAP setting, follow the additional steps below when inputting the incoming and outgoing mail server fields:
- Tap the Advanced option.
- If an Outgoing port is required, input 587.
- Ensure that Authentication is turned ON and SSL is turned OFF.
- You may also want your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to store your “Sent” and “Draft” messages on the server. You can also change this setting in the Advanced settings area.
Please note that third-party software, including software installed on mobile devices, is not directly supported by HostPapa.