Setting up Mac Mail is easy – simply follow the steps below:
1. Open Mac Mail.
2. Click on Preferences from the Mail menu in the top toolbar.
3. Click on the Accounts tab.
4. Within the Accounts tab, click on the plus (+) sign in the bottom left corner to create your new account.
A dialog box will now appear. This is where you will enter your general account information:
5. Set the Account Type to POP3.
6. Enter your name and email address.
7. Click Continue.
8. Set the incoming mail server to mail.YourDomainName
9. Enter your username and password for your email account.
10. Click Continue.
11. Set the outgoing mail server to mail.YourDomainName
12. Make sure Use Authentication is checked.
13. Enter your email address and password.
14. Click Continue.
Using Authenticated SMTP
1. Click on the Account Information tab.
2. Click within the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) drop-down box.
3. Click on Edit Server List.
4. Click within the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) drop-down box.
5. Click Add Server.
6. Set the server port to 587