PHP-Nuke is a web-based automated news publishing, content management system and portal solution. PHP-Nuke is specially designed to be used in Intranets and Internet. The site administrator has total control of his or her web site, registered users, and will have, in PHP-Nuke, a powerful assembly of tools to maintain an active and 100% interactive web site using databases.
The main aim of PHP-Nuke is to allow a webmaster to create a community-based portal, with an automated web site allowing users and editors to post news items (user-submitted news items are selected by editors). Users can comment on the articles using the comments system. Modules may be added to the PHP-Nuke system, allowing the webmaster to add more features (such as an Internet forum or calendar) to their PHP-Nuke installation in addition to the core modules such as news, FAQ and private messaging. The whole system is maintained by administrators using the web–based administration section.
It is not necessary to know HTML to use PHP-Nuke. Users only need to know the basic functions to change something through the system administration included in PHP-Nuke. The system is designed to do all its jobs automated, using the user’s preferred web browser. There is no need to edit files in your server.
PHP-Nuke is based on PHP and MySQL. PHP-Nuke is designed to be very customizable and flexible, easy and pleasant to use, and a favorite for webmasters who pass hours administrating their websites.
The standard modules that are part of the core PHP-Nuke system include:
- Content: Manages the main content “pages” of the website
- Encyclopedia: A simple module for managing phrases/words and their definitions.
- FAQ: Manages the frequently asked questions (FAQ) for the site.
- Feedback: Allows site visitors to provide feedback to the webmaster. It is an online form, but provides the feedback via email.
- Forums: Manages discussion forums for the site. It is based on bb2nuke, which is a PHP-Nuke port of the popular open-source PHPBB discussion board.
- Journal: A simple module that allows users to maintain public and/or private notes.
- News: Manages news stories for your site. It supports future-dating news to be able to be released at a specific date and time.
- Private Messages: Allows member to send private messages to you and others on the site. Members can choose to not allow other members to send them private messages.
- Search: Allows users to search your website to find information.
- Statistics: Displays summary and detailed statistics regarding your site, including the number of page views by visitors.
- Many more.
PHP-Nuke is able to support a number of different languages.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.