Note: This article refers to websites created using HostPapa Website Builder
An excellent way to promote and share your website’s content is with the Facebook Like button. You can add a Facebook Like button to any of your site’s pages. When a visitor clicks on the button, a story appears in their friends’ News Feed, with a link back to your website.
Here’s how to add one to your site:
- The Facebook Like Widget is located in Widgets > More > Social. Drag and drop it onto your page.
- Click Edit on the top-left corner of the widget, and you will see the following editing options:
- Margin: This is the spacing around the widget.
- Alignment: You can align the widget to the left, to the center, or to the right.
- URL to Like: This defaults to the page you add the widget to, and you can change this URL to another page of your site.
- Layout style: You can choose how the number of likes your page has had is displayed.
- Width: The width of the widget in pixels.
- Show faces: You can select whether to show the profile picture of the visitors who have liked your page.
- Font: You can choose the font of your “Like” button – there are six options to choose from.
- Colour Scheme: Choose the colour of the like count and button.
- When you’re finished setting up your button, click Save.
- Save your site, and then click on Publish to make your changes live.