Note: This article refers to the legacy version of the Website Builder. If you signed up to the HostPapa Website Builder after March 11 2020, you’re on the new version of the Website Builder. For help, go here.
Follow these steps If you want to create a link that displays the number of comments you have for a particular blog post:
- Log into your Disqus account.
- Click on Dashboard on the top-right of the page.
- Under Your Sites, click on your site’s name.
- Open the Settings tab (located on the far right).
- Click Install.
- Select Universal Code.
- Copy the code provided under the heading How to display comment count.
- On your blog page, drag and drop the HTML Code Widget at the bottom of your blog page.
- Paste the code into the HTML Editor.
- Go to your blog post and click on the HTML button. At the end of your post content, add the code given in #4 which looks like this:
- <a href=”http://example.commy_article.html#disqus_thread”>Comments
- Replace http://example.com/my_article.html with your blog post URL.
- This would be something like: http://yoursitename.com/yourblogpagename/yourblogposttitle.
- Click on OK. You should see the number of comments you have for that blog post.
- Follow the above steps for each blog post where you want to display the number of comments.