Important to Remember
- Regulator: DNS Belgium (https://www.dnsbelgium.be)
- HostPapa’s Registrar partner: OpenSRS
- HostPapa does not support internationalized domain names (IDNs).
All .BE domains have a registration term of one year, and may only be renewed for one-year terms, one year at a time.
.BE is an open registry; you do not have to be a Belgian resident or business operator to register a .BE domain.
- .BE domains require a transfer code (EPP key / Auth Code).
- Transfer code has a 5 group of 3 digits format (140-319-814-384-181) with a dash “-” between them;
- Transfer code can be obtained directly from DNS Belgium and the email is sent to domain Registrant email address only (https://www.dnsbelgium.be/en/manage-your-domain-name/transfer-your-domain-name)
- Registrant details from DNS Belgium records must be an exact match to the Registrant details on OpenSRS transfer order (name, address, phone, email, etc). A registration certificate can be requested to be sent to the Registrant email address on the DNS Belgium portal: https://www.dnsbelgium.be/en/registration-certificate.
- Before submitting a transfer request to HostPapa, please make sure that all contact information on the domain is correct, the domain is unlocked, and you are in possession of your transfer code (EPP key / Auth Code).
- It would be useful if the registration certificate could be provided to the HostPapa team if requested.
- When the transfer request is submitted, our Registrar partner, OpenSRS, sends an email to the listed Registrant asking him to confirm the transfer with the valid transfer AuthCode. If confirmation is not received within 5 days of the request, the transfer is canceled.
- When the transfer process is completed, a new 12-month term starts from the date of the transfer.
- .BE domains have no “Renewal Grace” period. The domain goes right into Redemption.
- When expired, a .BE domain name continues to operate until the end of the expiry month.
- At that time, the domain goes into Redemption for 40 days.
Unlocking your domain
Sometimes, you will need to unlock your domain to start the transfer process. Find out how to unlock your domain at various domain registrars below:
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.