In this article, we will give you an overview of the requirements for transferring or registering a .ME domain at HostPapa.
How to register a domain name with HostPapa
.ME is an open registry. You don’t need to be a resident or business operator in Montenegro to register a .ME domain.
To check prices or register one of these domains, visit our domain page or purchase directly from your HostPapa Dashboard by clicking on My Domains, then Register New Domain to open a Secure Order Form.
How to transfer a domain name to HostPapa
Before you request to transfer your domain name to HostPapa, there are a few steps you should complete to ensure a smooth transfer:
- Unlock your domain name at your current registrar. Each domain registrar may have different steps to unlock the domain. If you can’t find this option in the general settings, please contact your domain registrar.
- Obtain an authorization code (EPP Key, also known as Auth-Code or transfer code). This code is necessary for the transfer and should be provided by your current registrar.
- Make sure the administrative contact for your domain name has a valid, published email address in the WHOIS database (Note: updating any admin contact information at this stage may lock the domain. See ICANN’S new transfer policy here). Our registrar, PROMOPEOPLE, will send an email to this address immediately after you purchase the transfer. The email will contain the verification link and Transfer Key that you’ll need to authorize the transfer in your HostPapa account.
For more information on how to transfer a domain name to HostPapa, click here.
- ICANN regulations prohibit transferring domain names registered or previously transferred in the last 60 days. For more information on ICANN’s transfer policies, click here.
- Privacy protection must be disabled before you submit your transfer. If enabled, privacy protection tends to divert the verification email to a non-responding admin address.
- Please ensure enough time to initiate the domain transfer before its expiration/renewal date. Transfers can take up to seven days to complete. To prevent your domain from becoming non-functional during the transfer, we recommend making this request at least two weeks before your domain’s expiry date.
If you need help with transferring or registering your domain name with HostPapa, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.