You don’t need to install Microsoft® Office® to work with Office files! Just open and edit Office files on the web in one of the following ways:
- Using a Chrome browser
- From a Chromebook
- From Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Work with clients and customers who use Office files
- Edit your old Office files, even if you no longer have the software
- View and edit files without buying extra software
If you’re using a Chromebook or the most recent versions of the Docs, Sheets, and Slides apps on your phone or tablet, you can already edit Office files!
If you’re using a computer:
- Download the Office Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides Chrome extension.
- From Google Drive, double-click any Office file to start editing.