An SSL certificate can only be used and accessed via the fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
If you purchase a certificate for yourdomain.com, it will not secure www.yourdomain.com. On the other hand, purchasing a certificate for www.yourdomain.com will cover both.
If you wish to secure additional subdomains, a wildcard SSL product will be required.
If you need further assistance or would like more information about wildcard SSL certificates, please submit a ticket by following these steps:
- Log in to your dashboard
- Click on My Support.
- Click on the Open New Ticket tab.
- Your Name and Email Address will be prepopulated.
- Enter a Subject, choose the department you wish to submit the ticket to and enter the Ticket Details.
- If required, you may also add an attachment.
- Click the orange Submit button.