The ‘Another Update in Process’ WordPress error commonly appears when a user initiates an update while the core platform is already updating. While WordPress is being upgraded to a new release, the database is locked, preventing another update from launching. This safety feature protects the integrity of your WordPress site.
The database lock should automatically be removed once the update is complete, but you can manually remove the lock if you find that the ‘Another Update in Process’ error keeps occurring. The simplest method is to download and install the Fix Another Update in Progress plugin. In this article, we’ll show you how to download the plugin and use it to fix this error.
Downloading and using the ‘Fix Another Update in Progress’ plugin in WordPress
- Log in to the WordPress administration dashboard.
- Select Plugins > Add New.
- Search for Fix Another Update.
- Install Fix Another Update in Progress and activate the plugin.
5. Navigate to Settings > Fix Another Update In Progress, and the database lock will be removed.
6. If you wish to remove the lock directly in the database, log into the HostPapa dashboard and select My cPanel.
7. Select Databases > phpMyAdmin from the cPanel menu.
8. Select your WordPress database from the sidebar, then click the Browse button next to the wp_options database table (your database prefix may be different).
9. In the database rows that appear, look for an entry called ‘core_updater.lock’ and select the Delete button to remove.
10. You can now proceed with your outstanding updates.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.