If you’re getting a notice saying “cannot verify server identity” in Apple Mail, there are two ways to fix it. In this article, we’ll walk you through both methods.
- Once you receive the “Cannot verify identity” notice, click the Details button.
2. Click on Trust.
- Open your Mac Mail application.
2. Click Mail from the main menu and choose Preferences.
3. Click on the Account options in the top bar.
4. Click on the Server Settings tab.
5. Change the IMAP or POP3 hostname from mail.yourdomain.tld to the server hostname provided in your welcome email. For example, webtraining.cloud was using mail.webtraining.cloud, but it was changed to hp001.hostpapa.com, with the hp001 portion updated to be the actual server number as provided in your welcome email.
6. After updating, click Save.
7. Test changes by sending yourself an email.
If you don’t know your server hostname or need help with your account, please contact the HostPapa support team.