Note: This article refers to the legacy version of the Website Builder. If you signed up to the HostPapa Website Builder after March 11 2020, you’re on the new version of the Website Builder. For help, go here.
Links are extremely useful for helping people to navigate your site. Links also help people to access other related websites to which you link, open a file or send an email. If you are going to have a successful website, it is vitally important that you learn how to create links.
Here’s how to add links to your page:
1. In your Sitebuilder, go to Widgets.
2. From the drop-down menu, select Popular.
3. Drag and drop your Text widget onto your page.
4. In the Text widget, type in the text that you want people to click on (this is your link text).
5. Highlight the link text (in the screenshot below the words “Read More” has been highlighted as an example).
6. Then click on the “Link” button (it’s looks like a chain link).
- Page in this site
- External link
- Email address
- File stored in this site
8. Select the External link option to add a link to another site.
9. Enter the URL of the site you want to link to.
10. Click OK and you will now have a link on your page.
To check that your link is working, preview your page and then click on the link.