To change an account from POP3 to IMAP in Windows Live Mail email settings, follow the steps below:
To change your SMTP settings in Windows Mail.
- Right-click on your account from the left pane.
- Click Properties.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab. You will see the options to change ports.
- Change the SMTP, IMAP, or POP ports in this section. You can also specify the SSL Settings.
- Navigate to the Servers tab.
- Specify if your Outgoing server needs authentication. Mostly, this authentication is required in 99% of the cases. If unchecked, the e-mail will stop working with an error.
- Change your IMAP and SMTP server addresses from the same tab. Since the same password is used in outgoing and incoming services, you can update your incoming password for both.
Note: Windows Live Mail was replaced by Outlook in 2014. If you’re creating a new email account, it will default to Outlook, but you can still use an old Windows Live Mail account.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.