If you’re a reseller customer and would like to convert a full-fledged cPanel account to an addon domain, please follow these steps:
- Backup the entire account you wish to convert (using cPanel’s Full Backup feature) and save the backup file locally on your computer. You can utilize cPanel’s partial backup feature to backup files, databases, email filters, etc. which can be found in cPanel > Backup section as explained here.
- If you have email accounts added to this account, make sure to configure them locally in your email application (Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail).
- Remove the cPanel account via WHM > Account Functions section > Terminate accounts option.
- Log in to the destination account cPanel control panel, and create an addon domain as explained in this article.
- Create the necessary databases, and then import database backups (MySQL dumps) from the old account as explained here.
- Create the email accounts for the new addon domain, as explained in this article.
- Import/migrate email messages you’ve backed up in Step 2 earlier to new email accounts. You can learn how to do this via this tutorial.
- Restore files and folders you saved in Step 1. Upload the backup archive to the server via FTP or through the File Manager tool from cPanel and then restore it: right-click on the uploaded archive and then select the extract button.
- Modify the configuration file of your website and populate it with new MySQL credentials, and test the website.