The HostPapa support team can migrate your website from 1&1 IONOS completely free of charge and with no downtime. If for some reason, you prefer to do it yourself, please follow the instructions below.
The most commonly used hosting environment is a shared Linux server with MySQL databases and the cPanel control panel. If your move involves a more sophisticated environment, please make sure that there is full compatibility between your website files and database, and the new hosting environment you’re moving to, by talking to our support department before signing up.
In most cases, the migration process will look like this:
- Copy website files and database from your existing 1&1 IONOS hosting account.
- Upload website files and database to your new HostPapa hosting account.
- Test your website on your new HostPapa server.
- Once satisfied, point domain to HostPapa nameservers.
- Wait a couple of days to make sure that the DNS has propagated and all is working well.
- Cancel your old 1&1 IONOS hosting account.
Log in to your 1&1 IONOS account.
Click on Hosting.
Click on Manage under SFTP & SSH.
Click Edit Settings by click on the gear icon.
Note the following FTP details:
Server / Host
Use one of the below-recommended FTP clients to connect to your 1&1 server to download your files to your computer.
If your website uses a database, you will need to navigate back to the 1&1 Hosting homepage.
Click on Manage under Databases.
Click on your database name.
Scroll down and click on Open phpMyAdmin.
Click on Export then click on Go. Click OK to save the database to your computer.
Click here to learn how to upload your files to HostPapa.
Click here to learn how to import your database to HostPapa.
Click here to learn to how to test your site on HostPapa before updating your DNS.
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.