HostPapa support team can migrate your website from GoDaddy completely free of charge and with no downtime. If for some reason, you prefer to do it yourself, please follow the instructions below.
1. Log in to your GoDaddy account. There you will find a list of services available:
2. Click on Manage button next to the hosting account you would like to migrate.
3. On the next page, click on cPanel Admin blue button to log in to the cPanel directly:
4. The first thing to check in your cPanel is Statistics bar on the right:
You need to make sure your account still has enough disk space available to create a backup file. Please note that accounts over 5GB usually take longer to backup.
If you find your account is over 5GB, it’s time to check disk space usage and clear up some space. In most cases, you will see some old files, folders, out of date data which can be removed.
You can use the Disk Usage tool in your cPanel to figure out where the most significant amount of files are located:
5. When you are done with the disk space analysis, it’s time to start backup creation. Click on the Backup icon in your cPanel. It will lead you to the following page:
Click on Download a Full Website Backup.
6. On the next page, choose Backup Destination – Remote FTP Server (passive mode transfer):
Using Remote FTP Server option will guarantee that the full cPanel backup of your account will be uploaded directly to your HostPapa account.
Here you need to fill the following lines:
Email Address: Enter the email address you use. You will receive an email when the backup is ready.
Remote Server: Enter the Shared IP Address from your HostPapa account welcome email.
Remote User: Enter cPanel Username from your HostPapa account welcome email.
Remote Password: Enter cPanel Password from your HostPapa account welcome email.
Remote Dir: /
Click on Generate Backup.
7. Once the backup is ready, you will receive an email to the address you provided in the Email Address line. Now it’s time to contact HostPapa support with the request to restore that backup for you.
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.