Note: This article refers to the legacy version of the Website Builder. If you signed up to the HostPapa Website Builder after March 11 2020, you’re on the new version of the Website Builder. For help, go here.
The Basic PayPal e-commerce Widgets don’t have an inventory tracking feature. However, you can add PayPal buttons connected to your inventory by customizing your settings on PayPal.
Follow these steps:
- Sign into your PayPal account.
- Click the Merchant services tab in the horizontal menu.
- Click the Buy Now Button or the Add to Cart Button.
- Choose button type and enter name and payment details.
- Click the Track inventory tab.
- Check the Track inventory box.
- Enter the Item ID and input your quantity and alert quantity.
- When you are done editing, click Create Button.
- In the next window and in the website code box, click Select Code.
- Right click on the highlighted text and click Copy.
- Go to your website builder and drag and drop the HTML Code Widget onto your page.
- Paste the code into the space provided.
- Save your changes and click Publish to make them live.
This will ensure that your product is never oversold, as well as send you an email letting you know when your stock gets low.
Alternatively, consider the HostPapa Website Builder Online Store. With a range of management features from order management to stock management, the HostPapa Website Builder Online Store is scalable, flexible and powerful. Our Online Store is an integration with Ecwid, a leading and established e-commerce platform provider. You can read more about Ecwid here: http://www.ecwid.com.
To read more about what the HostPapa Website Builder Online Store can do for your business, take a look at our Getting Started tutorial.