When you make changes to the settings of a domain, such as updating nameservers or contact information, GoDaddy automatically unlocks and then re-locks the domain.
If you want to transfer your domain from GoDaddy to HostPapa, you need to unlock your domain first.
Note: If you can’t perform the steps below, your account may be locked. In the case of the following events, you can’t unlock your domain for 60 days:
- Transferring or registering a domain name.
- Updating the registrant contact organization and/or the registrant contact’s name.
- The registrant contact organization is not listed.
How to unlock your domain at GoDaddy
- Log in to the GoDaddy Control Center.
- Check the box next to the domain you’re unlocking.
- Select Settings, then Unlock Domains.
- Click the box next to Yes, I consent to unlock the selected domain(s).
- Click Continue.
Note: You’ll see a confirmation once the changes are made. It could take up to 90 minutes for the changes to be accepted.
Submit the transfer request from My Domains in HostPapa Dashboard, and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.