Domains that you register with HostGator are automatically set to locked status. If you want to transfer your domain from HostGator to HostPapa, you need to unlock your domain first.
Please follow these steps:
You can change the lock status of your HostGator domains, using the domain control panel:
- Go to http://register.hostgator.com.
- Click Manage Domains.
- Log in using your billing account email and password.
Note: This will be the same login that you use in http://portal.hostgator.com.
After logging in, you will see all the domains attached to the billing account along with the basic information about each one.
- Click on the domain name to change its lock status. The “Domain Overview” will appear showing the details about the selected domain.
- In the left-hand menu, click the Domain Locking tab.
- Select the Locking OFF radio button on the Domain Locking page to unlock the domain.
- Click Save Domain Locking.
Now your domain is unlocked.
Submit the transfer request from your HostPapa Dashboard -> My Domains section and we’ll take care of the rest.
For further questions, or if you need help, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.