If your domain was registered more than 30 days ago, you can update your DNS yourself through your HostPapa Dashboard. Simply follow these steps:
- Log into your dashboard at http://hostpapa.com/dashboard
- Click My Domains.
- In the list of domains, click the domain you wish to update.
- Click the Lock tab.
- If the domain supports locking/unlocking, unlock your domain.
- Click the Nameservers tab.
- Select the Use Custom Nameservers radio button.
- Remove ALL the nameservers currently in the nameservers fields.
- Enter your preferred nameservers.
- Click the Update DNS Servers button.
- If you unlocked your domain name, click the Lock tab and lock your domain again.
Important: If you are changing the DNS entries yourself, please make sure that the HostPapa DNS entries are the only DNS entries listed. Some hosting companies use three, four, or more DNS entries. They all must be removed or visitors will have trouble connecting to your website.
If you are unable to access these controls or if your domain is locked (for example, if it was registered less than 30 days ago), please submit a support ticket for assistance.
To open a support ticket, please log in to your HostPapa dashboard: https://hostpapa.com/dashboard
Support ticket tips/info: https://hostpapasupport.com/kb/how-to-open-and-access-support-tickets/