Protection Power is an online security service that keeps your website safe from online threats. In this article, we cover everything you need to know about Protection Power’s SSL Console.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a security feature that establishes an encrypted connection between a server and a client, so it’s necessary for your customers’ safety on your website.
If a website holds an SSL certificate, it provides a reliable environment for its users. When your website has an SSL certificate, an https:// secure connection is created between the user’s browser and web servers. This is particularly useful for online shopping or sites where a person needs to provide sensitive information to access a product or service.
Protection Power provides a specific section where you can manage your SSL security services. To access your SSL Console, click on SSL on the menu bar of your Protection Power dashboard.
Note: Protection Power’s SSL works/should be activated only when the Content Delivery Network (CDN) is used.
This is what your SSL Console will look like:
1. Here, you will find an explanation of what an SSL certificate is, why it’s useful for your website, and why you need an SSL certificate for your website.
2. If you already have an SSL Certificate, you can upload it via the Protection Power SSL Console (see step 5). This is recommended to ensure you select the right SSL for your security needs and budget.
3. Protection Power comes with a complimentary Comodo SSL (Edge Certificate). It is important to note that this certificate does not provide a complete security service. If you want to install this SSL certificate, go to “click for more details” and follow the instructions.
4. If you would like to purchase an SSL certificate, simply click the “Order SSL Certificate” button (4) and continue the purchase process in your HostPapa Dashboard.
5. If you already have your SSL certificate, click the “Upload Your SSL Certificate” button and follow three simple steps to upload it to your website.
If you need help with your HostPapa account, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.