Protection Power is an online security service that keeps your website safe from online threats. In this article, we cover everything you need to know about Protection Power’s SSL Console.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a security feature that establishes an encrypted connection between a server and a client, so it’s necessary for your customers’ safety on your website.
When your website has an SSL certificate, a https:// secure connection is created between the user’s browser and web servers. If a website holds an SSL certificate, it provides a reliable environment for its users. This is particularly useful for online shopping or sites where a person needs to provide sensitive information to access a product or service.
Protection Power provides a specific section where you can manage your SSL security services. To access your SSL Console, click on SSL on the menu bar of your Protection Power dashboard.
This is what your SSL Console will look like:
- Here you will find an explanation of what an SSL certificate is, why it’s useful for your website, and why you need an SSL certificate for your website.
- If you already have an SSL Certificate, you can upload it via the Protection Power SSL Console (see step 5). This is recommended to ensure you select the right SSL for your security needs and budget.
- Protection Power comes with a complimentary Comodo SSL (Edge Certificate). It is important to note that this certificate does not provide a full security service. If you want to install this SSL certificate, go to “click for more details” and follow the instructions.
- If you would like to purchase an SSL certificate, simply click the “Order SSL Certificate” button (4) and continue the purchase process in your HostPapa Dashboard.
- If you already have your own SSL certificate, click the “Upload Your SSL Certificate” button and follow three simple steps to upload it to your website.
If you have questions or if you need help with your SSL Certificate, please open a support ticket from your HostPapa Dashboard. Click here to learn how to do it.
María is an enthusiast of cinema, literature and digital communication. As Content Coordinator at HostPapa, she focuses on the publication of content for the blog and social networks, organizing the translations, as well as writing and editing articles for the KB.