Before you download a file, Google Drive allows you to preview it, so that you can ensure that it is the correct file.
On the web:
To take a quick look at a Drive file, right-click it and select Preview. In the overlay, you can:
- Scroll through your file
- Click Left arrow or Right arrow to preview your previous or next file in Drive
- Click View all items to select and preview another file in Drive
- Share your file with others
- Print your file
- Open your file to edit it
- Click Download to download your file
- Click Close to exit the preview
- Click Add to My Drive to add the file to My Drive
- Click More to rename a file or if it’s in My Drive, move it to another folder
To save a file to access later, download it one of the following ways:
- From the preview screen, click Download .
- From Drive, select a file, click More , and select Download .