If you wish to transfer a domain from HostPapa to another host, you will need to request an authorization key called an Auth Code or EPP code from us. The EPP code is required by your new registrar to complete the domain transfer on your behalf.
- Please note that transfer code for .NZ, .SG, .IE, .BE, .EU domains cannot be retrieved this way. In order to obtain the Auth Code for these domains, please open a support ticket.
- .UK domains do not use EPP codes for transfer. In order to transfer your .UK domain to a different Registrar, IPS TAG of the domain in question needs to be updated to a new value. Please contact the new Registrar and ask for the exact IPS TAG and open a support ticket to proceed with the update.
- Some TLDs cannot be transferred if:
- There are less than 60 days from the domain’s initial registration.
- There are less than 60 days from the domain’s last transfer date.
- There are less than 60 days since registrant contact details have been updated.
- Domain names under this restriction include but are not limited to:
- Most of gTLDs (.com, .net, .org, .info, etc)
- Some of ccTLDs (.ca, .us, .tv, .ws, .in, .co)
Before you request your EPP code
The transfer Auth Code (EPP code) code is sent to the ADMINISTRATIVE email address of domain name in most of the cases. In order to receive the code, please make sure that the domain contact details are up to date.
Log in to HostPapa Dashboard and navigate to My Domains section. Click on Details next to the domain you wish to check in order to access the domain’s management options.
IMPORTANT: Any changes to the REGISTRANT contact details may lead to a 60 days transfer lock of the domain. See this article to learn how to opt-out the 60-Days lock.
When your new Registrar initiates a domain transfer, the domain in question needs to be unlocked. Please make sure you unlocked your domain before starting the transfer away.
Locking and unlocking a domain is very simple. In HostPapa Dashboard > My Domains, there is the “Lock” section. Click the Unlock this domain link to proceed.
Some domains have the so-called WHOIS Privacy option enabled. You should also turn the Privacy option off before transferring the domain.
The option is available in the Privacy Options section of the domain’s management page.
Once everything is set, you are ready to proceed to the next step.
Request your EPP code
On the domain’s management page, click on the Transfer EPP option, then click the Send Transfer Code button.