Note: This article refers to websites created using HostPapa Website Builder. We are no longer offering PayPal widgets after December 17, 2016. If you have already added the widget it will keep working after this date. As an alternative you can setup a PayPal button instead of a widget.
If you are just getting started with e-commerce you can sell your products or collect donations for a charity using the free Basic PayPal e-commerce Widgets. By simply dragging and dropping these widgets you can easily create your own online store.
There are three Basic PayPal e-commerce Widgets that you can use on your site:
- PayPal Single Product Widget: Displays a single product for sale.
- PayPal Product Catalog Widget: Displays more than one product for sale.
- Donation Collection Widget: Allows people to make donations and contributions to your cause.
To be able to use these widgets you need to sign up on www.paypal.com for a free Premier or Business account.
1. Register with PayPal.com
- Go to Widgets > Ecommerce.
- There are three options available: Single Product, Product Catalog and Donation Collection.
- Drag and drop your chosen widget onto your page.
- The PayPal dialog box will open.
- Click on the Get one now link to get a PayPal account.
- On the PayPal screen click the Sign Up Today! link. This will take you to a screen where you can create your account.
- Fill in all your personal information and create your account.
2. Add the PayPal widgets to your site
2.1. Adding the PayPal Single Product Widget
- Drag and drop the PayPal Single Product Widget onto your page.
- A dialog box will open and you can enter the following information:
- Your PayPal email address. This is the email address you use to access your PayPal account.
- A product a title. This should be a brief and accurate name. Important Note: Each of your products must have a unique title and description. If you give your products the same title or description they will be added to the cart as the same product.
- The price of the item.
- A description the of product. Use the description field to add further relevant details about the product.
- You can also upload an image of the product.
- Use the radio buttons in the bottom-left corner of the dialog box to set the alignment of your widget.
- When you have finished editing your settings, click Save to add all the product information.
- A PayPal “Buy Now” button will be added to your page.
- If you need to go back and edit the settings of a widget already added to the page, click Edit on the top left corner of the widget.
2.2. Adding the PayPal Product Catalog Widget
- Drag and drop the PayPal Product Catalog Widget onto your page.
- A dialog box will open where you can add your PayPal email address as well as start to add details of the products you are selling.
- Click on the Click here to add one link or + Add Product button to begin adding your products.
- You can then add, and edit, the settings of the particular product you are selling.
Important Note: Each of your products must have a unique Title and Description. If you give your products the same Title or Description, they will be added to the cart as the same product.
- Continue to add products to your page until you are satisfied with the number of products you have added.
- Click Save to add the catalog to your page.
- You can easily go back and edit the settings or add more products by clicking Edit on the top left corner of the Catalog Widget.
2.3. Adding the Donation Collection Widget
- Drag and drop the Donation Collection Widget onto your page.
- A dialog box will open where you can enter your PayPal email address. This is the email address you use to access your PayPal account.
- Click Save to add the widget to your page.
- If you need to go back and change the PayPal email address used to setup the widget, click Edit on the top left corner of the Donation Collection Widget.
3. Publish your site
Save and preview your page to test any of your PayPal buttons. When someone wants to purchase a product they will click on the “Buy Now” button and will be taken to the PayPal checkout facility to complete their purchase.
This article is also available in: German