Important Note: This information is no longer up to date and we would recommend using PHP Mail Form instead as described here.
This is a simple CGI based email form you can place on your website. To use it do the following:
- Download the cgi_email_form.zip file and extract it to a local folder.
- Edit the emailformcgi.txt file in a text editor like Notepad (Windows) or Text Edit (Mac).
- Replace the text “delete these words and put the email address only” with the email address you want the form to be sent to. Save the file with the exact same file name.
- Edit the formcgi.html file in a text editor like Notepad (windows) or Text Edit (Mac).
- Replace the text “delete these words and put your domain name” with your domain name. Save the file with the exact same file name.
- Upload the formcgi.html file and the emailformcgi.txt files to the web root folder for the domain (public_html for the primary domain).
- Create a link on your website to the formcgi.html.
Note: CGI forms require a cgi-bin folder with its binaries in order to process the form. If you have deleted the cgi-bin folder, or are using the form on an addon domain that doesn’t have a cgi-bin folder, extract the cgi-bin.zip file and upload it and its contents as well to the web root for the domain (public_html for the primary domain).