Hangouts is a convenient way of of participating in text, voice, and/or video chats from anywhere that you have access to the Internet.
To set up Hangouts:
- Open Gmail.
- In the bottom-left corner of your inbox, click Hangouts to open Hangouts.
Note: If you don’t see Hangouts , you may need to turn on Hangouts first.
To start a Hangout:
If you see the name of someone you’re trying to reach:
- Hover over the name.
- Click Chat to send a chat message, or click Video call to start a video call.
If the person you’re trying to reach isn’t on the list, or if you want to contact several people at once:
- Click Search and type people’s names.
- Check the box next to each person you’d like to reach.
- When you finish adding everyone, click or .