WordPress Toolkit is a management interface that allows you to install, configure, and manage WordPress in Plesk easily. In this article, we’ll show you how to update a WordPress URL in Plesk. Start out by accessing your Plesk control panel through your HostPapa Dashboard.
Please note that WordPress Toolkit can install, configure, and manage WordPress version 4.9 and later, and the extension is free with the Web Pro and Web Host Plesk editions. It’s available for a fee for the Web Admin edition.
How to update a website URL
If you’re moving a website from a different server, the URL may change. In this case, your migrated WordPress installation won’t work until the website URL is updated on WordPress. WordPress Toolkit can update the website URL automatically.
To update a website URL, follow these steps:
- Go to WordPress.
- Choose the card of the website you’ve migrated to.
- Click the three-dot button.
- Click Update Site URL.
- WordPress toolkit will compare the actual website with the one specified in the WordPress database and wp-config.php:
- If the URLs match, your website URL is up to date, and you can click Back to return to the website card.
- If the URLs don’t match, replace the URL specified in WordPress with the actual URL by clicking Update.
You have now ensured your website is online.
If you need help with Plesk, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.