Note: This article refers to the legacy version of the Website Builder. If you signed up to the HostPapa Website Builder after March 11 2020, you’re on the new version of the Website Builder. For help, go here.
Here’s how to rename your site if it’s showing Untitled Site in your browser’s tab:
- On the main menu, click on Settings.
- Click on Properties if it is not already displaying.
- In the Name field, type out the new site name.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click Publish to apply the changes to your site.
Here’s how to change the Window Title for each individual page for search engine optimization purposes:
- Select the page to update so it displays in the main editing area.
- On the main menu, click on Page > Metadata.
- In the Page Title field, enter your desired text.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
Remember to save and republish your site in order for the amendments to appear online. The Page Title is also the area of your site that will become the title tag. The title tag is an important part of each page as it alerts search engines to the topic of a page.
Here is some more information on this: Adding Title, Description and Keywords Tags.
This article is also available in: German